Marouane Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh
Marouane Chamakh

dinsdag 3 mei 2011

Nice interview Marouane Chamakh about transferrumours

Marouane Chamakh has had an interesting interview with the French football website FOOT MERCATO, and I thought it worth translating it for the English Arsenal fans as he gives a little insight into his first season at the Emirates. Enjoy!
Foot Mercato: For the last few weeks there have been rumours that you may be joining Marseille, is there any truth in this?
Marouane Chamakh: This is nonsense. I’m Bordelais me! It’s food for thought. But no, I do not think so.
FM: There are also rumours that there are several other French clubs interested in signing you, not just Marseille. Would you be willing to return to France?
MC: I do not know. But frankly, no, I do not think so.
FM: You said when you arrived that you wanted to go to the end of your 4-year contract with the Gunners. Do you still think that?
MC: I always think that, of course.
FM: How are you physically right now?
MC: Well, really well. Now, there are still three weeks before the holiday. I’m a little disgusted, because I thought we could win something this season.
FM: Right, the dressing room is it not too downcast? Nobody already thinking about next season?
MC: No, we’re really focused for the end of the championship. We know that the title has moved away, but we want to ensure second place. Even if you know you’re missed something big, we’ll still play to the maximum and certainly not think about the end of the season.
FM: In France, there is considerable speculation about the choices of Wenger during the match, when he chooses Bendtner ahead of you. Does he explains his decisions?
MC: No, not at all. I think Bendtner played once or twice in place of Van Persie directly. Maybe it was early in the second half of the season. Me at that time I was in a state … I was really burnt out, I just couldn’t….. Otherwise, when Bendtner returned, he played on the right wing. And I, when I came back, I was playing in place of Van Persie, and it just stalled. I think right now I am the second Arsenal striker behind Van Persie.
FM: It seems that the worries for Arsenal this season was not particularly the attack, but the defending…..
MC: It’s incredible we did not win the title this season! But we cannot say that Manchester United has been stronger than us, that Chelsea were stronger than us. We shot ourselves in the foot. We lost too many points. You can not lead to 4-0 and will equalize 4-4. The last weekend we lost at the last minute after a kick off.
FM: So what is the problem? It is a matter of experience? Or concentration?
MC: I don’t know, the question has been discussed several times. I put it down to experience. We are all still young. It will be corrected next season.
FM: Do you have particular wishes in relation to the transfer window from Arsenal this summer?
MC: No, for me it is just to keep the best team possible. We all have room for improvement. I think the title is winnable with this team. Especially since we have the edge over other clubs because we are young.
FM: Are you happy with your season?
MC: Of course I’m happy. With all the expectations I had, I was really pleased. I wanted some good football, the atmosphere in the stadiums, the combativeness. I was a little apprehensive before coming. It’s incredible here. I like everything here. I really play my football with great pleasure, it’s brilliant!
FM: How did you integrate with the Arsenal players when you arrived?
MC: Great. I’m happy because it was my first transfer. I had only ever known Bordeaux before. I worried a bit when I first arrived. I saw how it was in Bordeaux: I welcomed the newcomers, trying to put them at ease. I did not know if it would be the same here. But it was great. If you look at Clichy, Nasri, Eboue and Sagna, they really are guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves, who think of
others. And as I played in France, it helped.

Also seen on justarsenal.com and footmercato.net


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten