Marouane Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh
Marouane Chamakh

vrijdag 5 november 2010

Marouane Chamakh admits early struggle

Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh insists he is finally settling down to life in the Premier League.

The Morocco international, who joined on a free transfer from Bordeaux in the summer, has already scored six goals for the Gunners in all competitions this season.

But Chamakh revealed it has not been easy since his arrival, saying he found the pace of the English game hard to adjust to.

And the French-born forward admitted feared he would never be able to complete 90 minutes.

Chamakh said: “I almost had a seizure when I first played for Arsenal. I told myself that I would never be able to stand up to playing an entire match.

“At Arsenal we go on the attack all the time, and I was completely unaware when I first joined them.

“At times I wanted our keeper to slow down play a little by keeping hold of the ball. But no, he’d launch it up field straight away
 
source: football-news.com