Marouane Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh
Marouane Chamakh

zondag 12 december 2010

Samir Nasri has no longer fear for Manchester United

Samir Nasri claims Manchester United are no longer a team to fear because they have been weakened by the loss of key attacking players.
While the French midfielder still respects a United team that remain unbeaten in the Premier League, he maintains that the days when Arsenal travelled to Old Trafford, trembling with fear, have long gone.
The tension is mounting ahead of their crunch clash tomorrow evening after Patrice Evra and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger traded insults on Friday ahead of the game.
Evra dismissed Arsenal’s ­chances of winning the title for the first time since 2004, while Wenger reacted with fury, claiming he had absolutely no respect.
But now Nasri has weighed in with controversial comments of his own.
He said: “It used to be a little bit scary going to play Manchester United at Old Trafford. I can’t say that’s the case anymore.
“But, for me, United are not the same team anymore since they lost Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez.
“They are still a very good team and hard to beat, but offensively they are not the same.”
In recent weeks, ­Arsenal have overcome some shaky form at The ­Emirates to hit top spot before the weekend’s fixtures.



Watch a Samir interview on Youtube: Interview Samir






And, by and large, that is down to some ­impressive away form.
“The difference when we play away is that we defend much ­better,” claimed Nasri.
“Our discipline and shape is more efficient when we play away.
“I’m feeling quite confident ­because we can play our game and we know we can score at any moment away.
“But we also have to reproduce this kind of game at home and to be more efficient at The Emirates as well.
“To be honest, I am surprised that we found ourselves top of the league at this stage.
“In my first season, United were champions and I think they lost just three games during the whole season.
“So it’s a little surprising because Manchester United haven’t lost a single game during the season.
“But this season is a great opportunity for us. It’s harder in some respects because teams like Tottenham and Manchester City are getting better and better.
“But we are more mature as a team, more experienced and we don’t have so many injuries to contend with.”
Nasri’s own form has been breathtaking throughout the campaign, something he puts down to a very good pre-season.
“I’m a little bit lucky. I had a good break this summer for the first time in my life. I had a rest for two months.
“Last year, I broke my leg in pre-season and that made the ­difference. I’m used to playing in the Premier League now.
“I have my mark, I’m confident and all my team-mates are ­confident with me.”
And Nasri couldn’t sign off ­without a little dig at Evra, who claimed it was men against boys last ­season.
“We will see on Monday – when we will show him that we have grown up.” mirrorfootball.co.uk