Marouane Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh
Marouane Chamakh

vrijdag 8 oktober 2010

Chamakh loving Gunners life

Striker happy with Gunners choice (Skysports)





Marouane Chamakh admits he is loving life at Arsenal following his arrival this summer from Bordeaux.
The Morocco international has proved to be an instant success at Emirates Stadium since arriving on a free transfer. The 26-year-old striker has had no problems acclimatising to his new surroundings thus far, impressing with his performances and scoring four goals to date. Chamakh had offers from other clubs prior to his move to Arsenal, but he insists Arsenal was always his first choice and the chance to work with Arsene Wenger was too good to turn down.
"There were other offers, but the fact I loved Arsenal since I was young made my decision easy," Chamakh told skysports.com at an event promoting EA SPORTS FIFA 11.
"Arsene Wenger also had a major influence in my decision to join Arsenal.
"I am extremely happy with my choice and I am surprised how well it has started for me.
"I have settled very well on and off the pitch and I have been made very welcome by everyone at the club."

Better player

Chamakh believes he can become a better player from working under French tactician Wenger.
"I think I have a margin of progress to make and I think Arsene can make me a better player," added Chamakh.
The powerful striker believes he has adapted to the Premier League so quickly because of his style of play, even though he admits it is very different to the French league.
"Yes, I feel my game is well-suited to English football and all I want to do is help Arsenal," noted Chamakh.
"English football is much more athletic and goes much quicker and the supporters are very impressive."

Read more: http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=122796